Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
2011 predictions: programs cut, but raises still on table
Wednesday - 12/22/2010, 2:39pm EST
Robert joined me again today to review his top four predictions for the Federal government for 2011:
4. Programs will be terminated or cut substantially, perhaps more than ever before. Increased scrutiny from new members of Congress on both sides of the aisle will drive program changes.
3. Federal employees WILL get raises. Smart managers know - or will figure out - the tools they have to reward the really good people in their organizations.
2. There WILL be a scandal. This is Washington, after all. Increased oversight of the executive branch will lead to the uncovering of some mistake.
1. The Republic will survive, neigh flourish. The greatness of America will continue to be a thumb on the scales that gives us advantages in the world.