Michael Keegan - Host, The Business of Government Hour and Managing Editor, The Business of Government Magazine
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Business of Government Radio Hour, hosted by Michael J. Keegan, features a conversation with a federal executive who is changing the way government does business. The executives discuss their careers and the management challenges facing their organizations. Guests include administrators, chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief operating officers, commissioners, controllers, directors, and undersecretaries.
Leading the initiative for transformation of the HHS system
Wareing has a long history in high-level policy development and public administration. Prior to joining APHSA, Wareing served as a senior adviser to Department of Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano. Before moving to Washington D.C. in 2009, Wareing lived in Arizona and served as Director of the Arizona Department of Economic Security, an integrated human service agency. In that role, she oversaw protective services for children and adults; cash assistance and supplemental nutrition assistance; Medicaid eligibility determinations; workforce and employment supports; unemployment insurance; aging and adult services as well as child care and child support enforcement. Prior to her cabinet appointment, she served as policy adviser for human services under then Arizona Gov. Napolitano and as interim deputy director of the state's child welfare division. She has also served as the lead counsel in the Arizona Attorney General's office representing child protective services. Wareing began her career in private practice at the law firm of Steptoe & Johnson, LLP in Phoenix.