Michael Keegan - Host, The Business of Government Hour and Managing Editor, The Business of Government Magazine
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Business of Government Radio Hour, hosted by Michael J. Keegan, features a conversation with a federal executive who is changing the way government does business. The executives discuss their careers and the management challenges facing their organizations. Guests include administrators, chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief operating officers, commissioners, controllers, directors, and undersecretaries.
The dual role of EPA's Malcolm D. Jackson
Malcolm D. Jackson was appointed to serve this role by President Barack Obama. Prior to being confirmed by the Senate in June 2010, Mr. Jackson served as the Senior IT Business Unit Director of CIGNA Group Insurance. At CIGNA, he managed all IT aspects that supported short term disability, long term disability, life and accident insurance products and services. From 2006 to 2008, Mr. Jackson also served as the Senior IT Business Unit Director for CIGNA Insurance Corporate Business Functions. During this tenure, Mr. Jackson directed the development of IT applications for Human Resources, Finance, Legal and Public Affairs, and Investments. In addition, Mr. Jackson had IT oversight for Corporate-Owned Life Insurance, Reinsurance, and Settlement Annuities.
Prior to joining CIGNA Insurance, Mr. Jackson held various positions in the areas of IT, engineering, marketing and general business management at Monsanto, Quaker Oats, General Dynamics, and Shell Oil Company. He has a broad business background which included consumer packaged goods, defense contracting, agriculture, pharmaceuticals, and the oil and gas industries. Throughout his career, Mr. Jackson has developed expertise in IT strategy, large-scale enterprise resource planning, performance metrics development, and business process re-engineering.
Mr. Jackson was a Board member of the Children's Literacy Initiative in Philadelphia and the Jackson State University National Alumni Association, where he chaired the membership committee. Mr. Jackson holds a B.S. from Jackson State University and an M.B.A. from Northwestern University, J.L. Kellogg School of Management.