Michael Keegan - Host, The Business of Government Hour and Managing Editor, The Business of Government Magazine
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Business of Government Radio Hour, hosted by Michael J. Keegan, features a conversation with a federal executive who is changing the way government does business. The executives discuss their careers and the management challenges facing their organizations. Guests include administrators, chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief operating officers, commissioners, controllers, directors, and undersecretaries.
Managing the Department of Energy's human capital policies and programs
Prior to his appointment as the CHCO, Mr. Kane was the Associate Administrator for Management & Administration in the National Nuclear Security Administration. There, he was responsible for the management and operations of the Administration's Budget and Financial Management, Human Capital Management, Acquisition Management, Diversity, Internal Controls and Administrative Operations supporting more than 33,000 employees' nation wide.
Prior to his appointment in the NNSA Mr. Kane was the Director of Special Projects in the Department of Energy where the initial formation of the NNSA began, prior to that position he served as the procurement executive for the Office of Field Management. Mr. Kane has held key leadership positions in Financial Management, Program Management, Acquisition in the Department of the Navy where he served as Chief of Planning and Program Management for Naval Avionics and ultimately as the Deputy for Operations of the Marine Corps Heavy Lift and Presidential Helicopter Programs. Mr. Kane began his federal career at the National Gallery of Art as a member of the special exhibits staff.
Mr. Kane holds numerous public service awards including The Senior Executive Service Presidential Rank Award, The NNSA Gold Medal, The U.S. Navy Meritorious Service Medal and The Secretary of Energy's Superior Achievement and Exceptional Service Awards.
Mr. Kane is an alumni of Edinboro University in Pennsylvania and the Kennedy School of Government, Harvard University.