Michael Keegan - Host, The Business of Government Hour and Managing Editor, The Business of Government Magazine
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
The Business of Government Radio Hour, hosted by Michael J. Keegan, features a conversation with a federal executive who is changing the way government does business. The executives discuss their careers and the management challenges facing their organizations. Guests include administrators, chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief operating officers, commissioners, controllers, directors, and undersecretaries.
Professionalize the Federal Acquisition Workforce
Monday - 10/24/2011, 10:51am EDT
Nick Nayak has over 24 years of senior private, public and academic leadership experience. He has been a dynamic figure in the field of federal acquisition - helping to professionalize the federal acquisition workforce; implement methods to obtain acquisition savings; and recruit the next generation of acquisition professionals.
Nick served as Deputy Director for IRS Procurement responsible for support to the United States tax collection system. In this capacity, he managed operational procurement enabling IRS to collect nearly $2.7 trillion annually, funding a significant portion of the federal government.
Prior to serving as Deputy Director, Nick served in several high-impact leadership positions, including Director, Strategic Acquisition Initiatives, Deputy Director, Office of Information Technology Acquisition, Assistant to Director, Information Technology Program Management Office, Project Executive for the IRS Commissioner's Security Readiness Project and Director, Treasury Acquisition Institute (TAI).
Nick has served in virtually every acquisition workforce role in government including program manager, contracting officer, procurement analyst, contracting officer's technical representative, technical evaluation chair, purchase card approving official and competition advocate, as well as, contracts administrator, cost estimator and proposal writer in the private sector.
Nick has a Ph.D. in Administration and Management, an M.S. in Management and a B.S. in Finance and Economics. He has served as an adjunct professor for several universities and taught over 45 undergraduate and graduate business courses.