Michael Keegan - Host, The Business of Government Hour and Managing Editor, The Business of Government Magazine
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The Business of Government Radio Hour, hosted by Michael J. Keegan, features a conversation with a federal executive who is changing the way government does business. The executives discuss their careers and the management challenges facing their organizations. Guests include administrators, chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief operating officers, commissioners, controllers, directors, and undersecretaries.
Linda Gibbs discusses her overseeing role
Friday - 7/29/2011, 1:35pm EDT
Gibbs oversees the Departments of Health and Mental Hygiene, Human Resources Administration, Administration for Children's Services, Homeless Services, Aging, Health and Hospitals Corporation, Correction, Probation, Juvenile Justice, Office of Health Insurance Access, and the HIV Health and Human Services Planning Council.
About Linda Gibbs:
Linda I. Gibbs is the Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services. As Deputy Mayor for Health and Human Services, Gibbs oversees the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene, Human Resources Administration, Administration for Children's Services, Department of Homeless Services, Department for the Aging, Health and Hospitals Corporation, Department of Correction, Department of Probation, Department of Juvenile Justice, Office of Health Insurance Access, and the HIV Health and Human Services Planning Council. Prior to her appointment as Deputy Mayor, Gibbs was the Commissioner of the Department of Homeless Services. During the Giuliani Administration, Gibbs served as the Deputy Commissioner for Management and Planning for the Administration for Children's Services. Since her graduation from SUNY Buffalo School of Law in 1985, Gibbs has served in various positions in New York City's government. She has also served in the New York City Council as Special Advisor to the Director of the Finance Division and at the Mayor's Office of Management and Budget as Deputy Director for Social Services.