Michael Keegan - Host, The Business of Government Hour and Managing Editor, The Business of Government Magazine
Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
The Business of Government Radio Hour, hosted by Michael J. Keegan, features a conversation with a federal executive who is changing the way government does business. The executives discuss their careers and the management challenges facing their organizations. Guests include administrators, chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief operating officers, commissioners, controllers, directors, and undersecretaries.
Friday - 7/16/2010, 10:51am EDT
Given our size, we have an obligation to embrace green ways of doing business. It's our objective to ultimately become known as a world class sustainability leader.
Sam Pulcrano was named Vice President, Sustainability in May 2008. He reports to the Senior Vice President, Operations. Pulcrano is responsible for unifying the Postal Service's sustainability efforts across every function and location.
Earlier, Pulcrano was director of Safety and Environmental Performance at USPS Headquarters. He began his career as a mail handler in Poughkeepsie, NY, in 1975. He also has held key positions in Human Resources and Labor Relations at the district and area levels.
Pulcrano's innovative and participative efforts with Postal Service unions and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration achieved a 50% reduction in employee injuries nationwide. Under his leadership, the Postal Service has become an industry leader in OSHA's Voluntary Protection Programs.
Pulcrano has also been instrumental in the Postal Service's "green" environmental efforts, which have brought national recognition from the Environmental Protection Agency's Performance Track.
These environmental programs have continued to produce results, building a record that has been recognized by more than three dozen White House Closing the Circle Awards recognizing environmental initiatives in the past 12 years.