Michael Keegan - Host, The Business of Government Hour and Managing Editor, The Business of Government Magazine
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
The Business of Government Radio Hour, hosted by Michael J. Keegan, features a conversation with a federal executive who is changing the way government does business. The executives discuss their careers and the management challenges facing their organizations. Guests include administrators, chief financial officers, chief information officers, chief operating officers, commissioners, controllers, directors, and undersecretaries.
Friday - 7/16/2010, 10:51am EDT
Given our size, we have an obligation to embrace green ways of doing business. It's our objective to ultimately become known as a world class sustainability leader.
Sam Pulcrano was named Vice President, Sustainability in May 2008. He reports to the Senior Vice President, Operations. Pulcrano is responsible for unifying the Postal Service's sustainability efforts across every function and location.
Earlier, Pulcrano was director of Safety and Environmental Performance at USPS Headquarters. He began his career as a mail handler in Poughkeepsie, NY, in 1975. He also has held key positions in Human Resources and Labor Relations at the district and area levels.
Pulcrano's innovative and participative efforts with Postal Service unions and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration achieved a 50% reduction in employee injuries nationwide. Under his leadership, the Postal Service has become an industry leader in OSHA's Voluntary Protection Programs.
Pulcrano has also been instrumental in the Postal Service's "green" environmental efforts, which have brought national recognition from the Environmental Protection Agency's Performance Track.
These environmental programs have continued to produce results, building a record that has been recognized by more than three dozen White House Closing the Circle Awards recognizing environmental initiatives in the past 12 years.