Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Fridays, 4 p.m.
Hosted by Francis Rose, each week experts in the federal community discuss the three news stories they think are most important in the world of government.
Federal News Countdown: Secret intelligence budget revealed, war with Syria
Friday - 8/30/2013, 4:26pm EDT
Guests on the Federal News Countdown:
- Greg Garcia, principal at Garcia Cyber Partners and a member of the
Information Security and Privacy Advisory Board. He's also the former asssistant
secretary for cybersecurity at the Department of Homeland security.
- Gordon Adams, professor at American University and Distinguished Fellow at the Stimson Center. His the former associate airector for National Security and International Affairs at the Office of Management and Budget.
Greg Garcia's stories:
#3 Secret Budget Reveals a U.S. intelligence-gathering giant (The Washington Post)
#1 Budget Battles Win Little Savings (The Washington Post)
Gordon Adams' stories:
#3 Talks to Avert a Fiscal Crisis in the Fall End With No Result (The New York Times)
#2 US Spy Network's Successes, Failures and Objectives detailed in "black budget" summary (The Washington Post)
#1 War with Syria: The Intersection of Interests and Ideology (Defense One)