Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Fridays, 4 p.m.
Hosted by Francis Rose, each week experts in the federal community discuss the three news stories they think are most important in the world of government.
Federal News Countdown: Smarter government, cyber order and federal pay
Monday - 2/18/2013, 1:52pm EST
John Kamensky's stories
#3 Government says it recovers billions in health fraud crackdown
From Los Angeles Times:
The federal government recovered a record $4.2 billion in the last fiscal year from medical providers and others who fraudulently billed government healthcare programs such as Medicare, the Obama administration announced Monday.
#2 IRS program, interagency contracting finally removed from High-Risk list
From Federal News Radio:
Interagency contracting and the IRS Business Systems Modernization program are no longer considered high risk initiatives by the Government Accountability Office. GAO removed these two programs from its biennial High Risk List released today.
#1 Obama: We Need 'Smarter Government'
President Obama called for smarter government during his State of the Union address Tuesday night in a speech that focused on creating more jobs and strengthening the economy without adding to the country's deficit.
Ron Sanders' stories
#3 Obama's cyber executive order lays foundation for mandatory regulations
Late Tuesday, President Obama signed an executive order on cybersecurity that offers industry more carrots than sticks to lay the groundwork for eventually mandating security standards and corresponding privacy protections.
#2 Obama calls for 'smarter' government in State of the Union
From The Los Angeles Times:
Declaring that the nation is stronger "after years of grueling recession," President Obama advocated an array of modest second-term initiatives Tuesday night that he said wouldn't bust the federal budget.
#1 Federal Pay Groundhog Day
Federal pay again is dominating the news, as the Obama administration and House Republicans yet again offer contrasting proposals on government salaries. President Obama is proposing a 1 percent pay increase for federal civilian employees in fiscal 2014, which we reported Friday evening.