Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Fridays, 4 p.m.
Hosted by Francis Rose, each week experts in the federal community discuss the three news stories they think are most important in the world of government.
Federal News Countdown: Paryroll tax deal, new privacy rules and a new spectrum deal
Friday - 2/24/2012, 9:21pm EST
Today's guests on the Federal News Countdown:
- Linda Springer, executive director of government and public sector, Ernst & Young
- Tim Hoechst, chief technology officer, Agilex
Linda Springer's stories
#3 Execs oppose proposed financial disclosures
From Federal Times
The Senior Executives Association is urging Senate leaders to kill a legislative provision that would require online posting of Senior Executive Service members' personal financial disclosure reports.
#2 Obama signs payroll tax cut extension into law
From Federal News Radio:
President Barack Obama signed the payroll tax cut extension into law Wednesday, notching an election-year victory and rare bipartisan agreement in the continuing partisan battle over jobs, taxes and debt.
#1 White House pushes semi-retirements
From Federal Times:
About 500,000 retirement-eligible federal employees would have an attractive new option to consider if the White House gets its way: semi-retirement. President Obama's 2013 budget proposal calls on Congress to allow federal employees to work part-time while also collecting partial pension checks and earning partial retirement benefits for their part-time service.
Tim Hoechst's stories
#3 Obama unveils online privacy plan
The Obama administration is taking a two-pronged approach to online privacy, calling on Congress to pass a "consumer privacy bill of rights," while putting the onus on companies like Google and Facebook, as well as privacy watchdogs and online advertisers, to forge new data handling rules for the digital age.
#2 FCC holds a few aces on spectrum
While the congressional battle to pass spectrum legislation may have ended last week, the process of actually getting spectrum into the hands of wireless companies and making it available for smartphones, tablets, and other wireless technologies has just begun.
#1 CIA to software vendors: A revolution is coming
The U.S. Central Intelligence Agency told software vendors on Tuesday that it plans to revolutionize the way it does business with them as part of a race to keep up with the blazing pace of technology advances.