Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
On February 17, 2009, President Barack Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or Recovery Act, into law. Federal News Radio follows how agencies have enacted the law and how the government is tracking spending through Recovery.gov.
White House report: Stimulus funds creating jobs
Friday - 9/17/2010, 3:39pm EDT
The report says the federal stimulus funds were responsible for creating at least 2 million jobs nationwide in the Act's first year. Job losses were a fraction of what they were prior to the Recovery Act, according to the report.
Federal funds have been particularly beneficial for DC-area firms, which received $3.7 billion in stimulus contracts, The Wall Street Journal reports.
This story is part of our daily DorobekINSIDER Must Reads. Be sure to check out the full list of stories.