Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
On February 17, 2009, President Barack Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or Recovery Act, into law. Federal News Radio follows how agencies have enacted the law and how the government is tracking spending through Recovery.gov.
EVP & co-founder
January 26th, 2009
(Rebroadcast February 16th, 2009)
Amtower and guest Steve Charles discuss what's coming down the pike with the new administration and what it could mean to the contracting community. Among the myriad of topics discussed were the Obama campaign usage of web 2.0 (and their surprise at the lack of latest technology when they showed up at the White House), and the implications of what web 2.0 usage could mean throughout the executive branch as Pres. Obama requires agencies to migrate toward web 2.0 in internal and external communications.
Other topics include the rumors around John Thompson being considered for Secretary of Commerce, the economic crisis and the debilitating effect it could have on companies seeking more government business (business financial stability is a big factor in contracting), reform under Pres. Obama - including eliminating any and all gifts (including those under $20), areas of contracting opportunity under the economic stimulus package (energy, infrastructure, smart buildings and transportation), - all this and more!