Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
On February 17, 2009, President Barack Obama signed The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or Recovery Act, into law. Federal News Radio follows how agencies have enacted the law and how the government is tracking spending through Recovery.gov.
EVP & co-founder
January 26th, 2009
(Rebroadcast February 16th, 2009)
Amtower and guest Steve Charles discuss what's coming down the pike with the new administration and what it could mean to the contracting community. Among the myriad of topics discussed were the Obama campaign usage of web 2.0 (and their surprise at the lack of latest technology when they showed up at the White House), and the implications of what web 2.0 usage could mean throughout the executive branch as Pres. Obama requires agencies to migrate toward web 2.0 in internal and external communications.
Other topics include the rumors around John Thompson being considered for Secretary of Commerce, the economic crisis and the debilitating effect it could have on companies seeking more government business (business financial stability is a big factor in contracting), reform under Pres. Obama - including eliminating any and all gifts (including those under $20), areas of contracting opportunity under the economic stimulus package (energy, infrastructure, smart buildings and transportation), - all this and more!