Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Movin' on up: Tips for making the jump from GS to SES
Friday - 3/2/2012, 5:45pm EST
Tim McManus, vice president for education and outreach at the Partnership for Public Service joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss tips for making the switch.
McManus shared tips for the those in the General Schedule system looking to move up as well as tips for managers cultivating the next crop of leaders.
The Partnership, along with McKinsey & Company, released a report this week that found a lack of movement in the SES ranks. In fact, the report stated, nearly half of SESers had never changed positions, which stands in contrast to what Congress intended when the SES was launched more than 30 years ago.