Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
New online toolkit aims to help agencies combat fraud
Wednesday - 12/7/2011, 8:33pm EST
"There is no kind of dishonesty into which otherwise good people more easily and more frequently fall than that of defrauding the government," Ben Franklin once said — a quotation, which appears on the website Association of Government Accountants website.
The AGA has created a new fraud prevention online tool kit, designed to help agencies better detect and prevent fraud.
Helena Sims, the director of Intergovernmental Relations at the Association of Government Accountants, told In Depth with Francis Rose that agencies can face a variety of fraud and it's often difficult to detect all the "red flags."
The toolkit allows agencies to search for these red flags by different program areas and different types of fraud as well as what they can do to combat them.
"So in one place it educates you about what to look for and then what do do about it when you find it," she said.