Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Lessons on inpiring staff from military leaders
Thursday - 11/10/2011, 5:37pm EST
Military leaders are known for their ability to inspire and lead in not-so-favorable conditions. What they know can help you be a better manager. Tim McManus, vice president for Education and Outreach at Partnership for Public Service, shares some of those military leadership lessons in an interview with In Depth with Francis Rose.
McManus previewed some of the lessons that will be included in Federal Coach Tom Fox's upcoming column:
- Build teamwork.
- Focus on the goal.
- Lead from the front and take personal responsibility.for the success or the failure of your team.
- Stay ahead of the competition.
- Learn to take risks.