Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
MSPB offers advice on telwork
Sunday - 11/6/2011, 9:24pm EST
"[O]rganizations need to identify and weigh the pros and cons of telework for their situations and customize approaches that will maximize benefits and minimize challenges," said MSPB chairman Susan Tsui Grundmann in a release. "Telework does not occur in a vacuum, and organizations need to find the right balance."
Federal News Radio recently asked federal employees a somewhat similar question in an informal, online survey. When asked whether telework hurts office dynamics, 24 percent of those that already telework one day per week or more said yes. However, 46 percent of non-teleworkers believe that telework damages office dynamics.
In addition to making recommendations to managers implementing telework policies, MSPB also offered advice for employees considering telework. At the top of its list—feds should consider whether telework is actually something that will work for them.
"This should include determination that your home environment is suitable for telework. You should also make sure you can accomplish the same quantity and quality of work while teleworking as when working in the office. Further, make sure you can maintain appropriate communication, teamwork, and work relationships..."