Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Seven lessons from the Recovery Act
Monday - 10/31/2011, 4:31pm EDT
Ed DeSeve was the Special Advisor to the President for Recovery Implementation and is now the President of the Global Public Leadership Institute. He gives In Depth with Francis Rose an inside look at the lessons learned from the Recovery Act.
In a report by the IBM Center for the Business of Government, DeSeve identifies seven lessons:
- Attention from the top matters.
- Transparency minimizes fraud.
- Financial information can be transmitted in an almost real-time environment.
- New technology enables direct reporting.
- Geospatial mapping makes data more understandable.
- Collaboration through networks was essential.
- The Recovery Act provides a template for agency planning in the future.