Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Seven lessons from the Recovery Act
Monday - 10/31/2011, 4:31pm EDT
Ed DeSeve was the Special Advisor to the President for Recovery Implementation and is now the President of the Global Public Leadership Institute. He gives In Depth with Francis Rose an inside look at the lessons learned from the Recovery Act.
In a report by the IBM Center for the Business of Government, DeSeve identifies seven lessons:
- Attention from the top matters.
- Transparency minimizes fraud.
- Financial information can be transmitted in an almost real-time environment.
- New technology enables direct reporting.
- Geospatial mapping makes data more understandable.
- Collaboration through networks was essential.
- The Recovery Act provides a template for agency planning in the future.