Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Seven lessons from the Recovery Act
Monday - 10/31/2011, 4:31pm EDT
Ed DeSeve was the Special Advisor to the President for Recovery Implementation and is now the President of the Global Public Leadership Institute. He gives In Depth with Francis Rose an inside look at the lessons learned from the Recovery Act.
In a report by the IBM Center for the Business of Government, DeSeve identifies seven lessons:
- Attention from the top matters.
- Transparency minimizes fraud.
- Financial information can be transmitted in an almost real-time environment.
- New technology enables direct reporting.
- Geospatial mapping makes data more understandable.
- Collaboration through networks was essential.
- The Recovery Act provides a template for agency planning in the future.