Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Healthier workers better for business?
Thursday - 8/18/2011, 9:20am EDT
Yvonne Mattocks is the production manager and coordinator of "Destination: Fitness" a new health program offered by SiloSmashers, a consulting firm that does business with federal agencies.
The program, which partners with local health club, includes activities such as organized walks, bike rides and volleyball games.
Mattocks said the key to this program's success is the initiative employees are encouraged to take.
"It's run by the employees, for the employees. So whatever their current objectives are — it might be fitness, it could be nutrition."
And healthier employees leads to happier ones, which is good news for employers, Mattocks said.
"When they get away from their desks and away from the work issues even for just a few minutes," she explained, "they get to clear their head ... they're better employees, they're more involved in the company and they believe, rightfully so, that the company cares about them as an individual, not just the product."