Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Managing morale in shadow of debt limit debate
Thursday - 7/28/2011, 10:43am EDT
But especially as the debate continues over the debt ceiling and the Treasury Department prepares a 'priority' list of what will get funded and what won't, it's even more important for federal managers to keep morale up and maintain the continuity of operations.
Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, joined Federal Drive to discuss morale issues in the shadow of the ongoing high-stakes political negotiations, which often revolve around cutting federal benefits.
Bonasaro said the debt ceiling negotiations and the uncertainty about what a failure to raise the federal borrowing limit would mean for feds is "uncharted territory" - different even from the threat of a government shutdown, which the workforce experienced earlier this year.