Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Managing morale in shadow of debt limit debate
Thursday - 7/28/2011, 10:43am EDT
But especially as the debate continues over the debt ceiling and the Treasury Department prepares a 'priority' list of what will get funded and what won't, it's even more important for federal managers to keep morale up and maintain the continuity of operations.
Carol Bonosaro, president of the Senior Executives Association, joined Federal Drive to discuss morale issues in the shadow of the ongoing high-stakes political negotiations, which often revolve around cutting federal benefits.
Bonasaro said the debt ceiling negotiations and the uncertainty about what a failure to raise the federal borrowing limit would mean for feds is "uncharted territory" - different even from the threat of a government shutdown, which the workforce experienced earlier this year.