Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DoD employee swap program underway
Friday - 7/1/2011, 5:14pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Defense Department is launching the Information Technology Exchange Pilot Program. Through the program, DoD will swap employees with private sector companies.
The Defense Department said this program will give everyone involved an opportunity to share best practices through the exchange of high-performing information technology professionals in areas like cybersecurity.
The assignments will range from three months to one year.
Areas of interest include cloud computing, cybersecurity, IT consolidation, network services, IT project management, data management and enterprise architecture.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.