Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Gates to hold a DoD budget powwow
Thursday - 7/8/2010, 3:27pm EDT
The meeting will focus on Gates's push for savings across the DoD just as the department revamps "long-awaited key guidance" for the next budget year.
A Pentagon source said the senior-level session will be a 'large group meeting' with senior civilian and uniformed officials.
Gates' spokesman, Geoff Morrell, confirmed the session will focus on the Defense Department's recently launched effort to find more than $100 billion in overhead savings over the next five fiscal years, starting in FY-12.
These stories are part of our daily Dorobek Must Reads. Check out the full list of stories.