Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Execution of the budget and performance plans for Treasury
Monday - 6/20/2011, 11:45am EDT
Tangherlini serves as the principal policy advisor on the development and execution of the budget and performance plans for Treasury
Daniel Tangherlini was confirmed by the United States Senate on July 24, 2009 to serve as Treasury's Assistant Secretary for Management, Chief Financial Officer, and Chief Performance Officer. In these roles, Tangherlini serves as the principal policy advisor on the development and execution of the budget and performance plans for Treasury and the internal management of the Treasury and its bureaus.
Tangherlini most recently served as the City Administrator and Deputy Mayor in the administration of Washington, DC's Mayor Adrian M. Fenty. His responsibilities included managing the day-to-day operations, budget development and performance management of District agencies. Tangherlini also served as the Director of the District of Columbia Department of Transportation (DDOT) from June 2000 to February 2006.
Prior to his appointment as City Administrator, Tangherlini served as the Interim General Manager of the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority. Tangherlini also served the District of Columbia as Chief Financial Officer of the Metropolitan Police Department from November 1998 to May 2000. Before joining the District government, Tangherlini worked in the Policy Office of the U.S. Secretary of Transportation and in a variety of capacities during six years of service with the Office of Management and Budget in the Executive Office of the President.
Tangherlini received his Bachelor's and Master's degrees in Public Policy Studies from the University of Chicago and his Master's degree in Business Administration from The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.