Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Schlosser moving to OMB's E-Gov office
Wednesday - 6/1/2011, 5:56pm EDT
Federal News Radio
Lisa Schlosser will become the next deputy administrator in the Office of E-Government and Information Technology in the Office of Management and Budget.
Government sources confirm she starts July 5 in her new role. Schlosser replaces Mike Howell, who left in November to become the deputy program manager in the Information Sharing Environment (ISE). Dominic Sale had been acting in Howell's place.
Schlosser was a finalist for this same position in 2008 when Howell got the job.
Schlosser's new job was first reported by the Dorobek Insider.
In her new role, Schlosser will work closely with federal CIO Vivek Kundra on oversight and implementation of the administration's initiatives.
Kundra, in an email to Federal News Radio, said "Lisa Schlosser brings to the egov team 25 years of experience in providing information technology and security solutions to both the private and public sectors, including for both military and civilian agencies. Her knowledge and diversity of experience will be invaluable to our continued efforts to cut waste and improve critical services the American people depend upon by changing the way the federal government manages IT."
Schlosser currently holds the position of principal deputy associate administrator of EPA's Office of External Affairs and Environmental Education. She has been at EPA since December 2008.
Before coming to EPA, Schlosser was the CIO at the Department of Housing and Urban Development. She also was the associate CIO and chief information security officer at Department of Transportation.
Prior to joining the government, Schlosser was vice-president for Business Operations and Response Services for Global Integrity and a senior manager for Ernst & Young.
Schlosser is a lieutenant colonel in the Army Reserves and did a tour of duty in the Middle East during the Iraq war.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)