Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
How is USCIS enhancing its outreach and becoming more customer-centric?
Nominated by President Obama on April 24, 2009 and unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 7, 2009, USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas oversees the administration of the world's largest immigration service.
Mayorkas has served as the United States Attorney for the Central District of California and previously was a partner in the law firm of O'Melveny and Myers LLP. Last year, he was named one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by the National Law Journal. Mayorkas previously served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California from 1989 to 1998.
Mayorkas holds a J.D. from Loyola Law School and a B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley.