Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
How is USCIS enhancing its outreach and becoming more customer-centric?
Nominated by President Obama on April 24, 2009 and unanimously confirmed by the U.S. Senate on August 7, 2009, USCIS Director Alejandro Mayorkas oversees the administration of the world's largest immigration service.
Mayorkas has served as the United States Attorney for the Central District of California and previously was a partner in the law firm of O'Melveny and Myers LLP. Last year, he was named one of the 50 Most Influential Minority Lawyers in America by the National Law Journal. Mayorkas previously served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney for the Central District of California from 1989 to 1998.
Mayorkas holds a J.D. from Loyola Law School and a B.A. from the University of California at Berkeley.