Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Online Chat: Ask the CIO with GSA's Sonny Hashmi
Thursday - 7/31/2014, 11:00am EDT
Sonny Hashmi, chief information officer at the General Services Administration, joined Federal News Radio for a free online chat to discuss GSA's IT priorities.
During the chat, Hashmi discussed a new open source policy the agency will implement soon, zero-based IT budgeting, collaboration between CIOs and CXOs, and the agency's "GSA Labs" concept, among other topics.
View an archive of the chat by registering below.
Sonny Hashmi became GSA CIO in May after serving as deputy and acting CIO for about three years. In his role as CIO, Hashmi oversees the agency's $600 million IT budget. He leads the effort to modernize agency technology programs through the implementation of cloud, agile and other approaches to make the agency more efficient and effective.
Prior to joining GSA, Hashmi was the deputy CIO for the District of Columbia, Office of the Chief Financial Officer. He oversaw the delivery of many initiatives including large system modernization projects, the implementation of a District-wide business intelligence platform for agency financial management and business process automation. Hashmi also worked for private sector organizations leading large-scale initiatives for federal, state and local government agencies.
Registration is required to view the archive of this online chat. Register now using the form below. Please note: if you close the chat window after logging in, you will be asked to re-register for this event. Those who registered in advance should have received an email with instructions for accessing the chat.
Federal News Radio online chats are text only. There is no audio component. All online chats are archived and can be found here.
Having trouble with this online chat? Email Web Manager Julia Ziegler for assistance. By registering for this event, you agree to receive promotional and/or news alerts via email from Federal News Radio.