Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Senate confirms Sylvia Burwell to head OMB
Wednesday - 4/24/2013, 4:06pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate has confirmed Sylvia Burwell, President Barack Obama's nominee to run the White House budget office. The vote was 96-0.
Obama applauded the bipartisan vote. He said as his new director of the Office of Management and Budget, Burwell will help his administration continue efforts to replace recent across-the-board budget cuts. Obama said Burwell would be a "key member of my economic team."
Burwell is a former deputy budget director and top White House aide during the Clinton administration. More recently, she was president of the Wal-Mart Foundation and a top executive at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.