Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Supercommitee no-go adds to federal managers' budget woes
Wednesday - 11/23/2011, 10:45am EST
The supercommitee announced Monday it couldn't agree on a deficit-cutting plan. But lawmakers and administration officials say Congress cab still come up with an alternative deficit-reduction plan before automatic cuts are enacted in 2013.
There have been roadblocks all year long, Becker said, from the near government shutdown in April and the debt ceiling standoff resolved at the last minute in August to the fruitless supercommittee negotiations.
"Federal officials don't really know what to expect week to week," he said. And things aren't getting any easier with a stopgap funding measure set to expire next month.