Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Feds offer cost-cutting ideas in third SAVE Awards
Tuesday - 7/26/2011, 8:32am EDT
That's the idea behind the President's SAVE Awards, now in its third year.
Through July 29, feds can submit their money-saving ideas. OMB narrows the ideas to the final four and then opens voting to the public.
"It's what the SAVE award has created in terms of a change in the culture that really is a part of frontline employees' attitude and approach day-to-day." said Jeff Zients, OMB's deputy director for management and chief performance officer, reports Federal News Radio.
According to WhiteHouse.gov, the President has incorporated dozens of ideas into his budget proposal.