Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DorobekINSIDER Reader: 2012 Budget explained
Tuesday - 2/15/2011, 4:34pm EST
President Obama's release of the proposed 2012 budget on Monday was followed by a flurry of stories and analysis. The DorobekINSIDER has pulled together some of the most useful/interesting/insightful resources on the budget.
- Highlights of the budget (New York Times)
Go through the actual budget annotated with comments by Times reporters.
- Budget battle: The road ahead (POLITICO)
Deal or no deal? Compromise or stalemate? Politico lays out the possible outcomes of the budget battle.
- House Tries New Rules for Spending Bill Debate (Wall Street Journal)
The new process, from WSJ: "The bill will be read, paragraph by paragraph, on the House floor. When a member of either party wants to offer an amendment, he or she can rise and do so — as long as it's relevant to the paragraph being read. At that point, any lawmaker can speak for five minutes — for or against the amendment."
- Ressler's Rule #12:" He who controls the budget, controls the organization" (GovLoop)
Wisdom from John Ressler, a retired fed
- John Boehner: If federal jobs are lost, 'So be it' (Washington Post - Federal Eye)
Is it true government can't afford to keep feds on the job? Read House Speaker John Boehner's response.
- Congress turns budget-cutting knife on itself (Washington Post)
How much is Congress willing to give up? And, after the Tucson shootings, how much will it be putting into security?
- DorobekINSIDER poll
Did Monday's release of the budget affect your job? And, when all is said and done, what will be the final budget?