Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama pledges to make new health care law work
Saturday - 8/17/2013, 5:40am EDT
CHILMARK, Mass. (AP) - President Barack Obama is pledging to do everything he can to make sure the new health care law works the way he intended.
In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama is criticizing congressional Republicans, who he says are trying to confuse people about the law. He targets other Republican opponents for threatening to eliminate funding for the law or shut down the government if they don't get their way.
The president says a lot of Republicans think he'll suffer if they make the law fail. But if that happens, he says they'd just be "sticking it" to the people.
In the Republican address, West Virginia Rep. Shelley Moore Capito argues for a delay in the requirement that uninsured consumers buy health care coverage or pay fines.
Obama's address: http://www.whitehouse.gov
Republican address: http://www.GOP.gov
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)