Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
FEMA's Mission Support Bureau provides critical resources
Monday - 8/25/2014, 5:15pm EDT
What are the strategic priorities of FEMA's Mission Support Bureau? How is FEMA's Mission Support Bureau providing the support, tools, and resources that ensure FEMA meets its mission? What is FEMA doing to improve its operational performance? Join host Michael Keegan as he explores these questions and more with David Robinson, the associate administrator of FEMA's Mission Support Bureau.
On September 24, 2012, Mr. David M. Robinson began serving as associate administrator, Mission Support Bureau (MSB) for FEMA. Robinson assumed responsibility for improving support by collaborating across Agency programs and offices to deliver competence in technology, human capital, security, procurement, and administrative processes. In addition to ensuring efficiencies, he is also charged with ensuring an improved internal review of Agency business processes.
Prior to joining FEMA, Robinson served as the associate director for management resources at the U.S. Department of Commerce's National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST). In this capacity he was responsible for all NIST- wide institutional support and administrative offices and their functions.
After serving over 20 years in the Marine Corps, in 2002 Robinson continued his career in public service holding a number of top management and executive- level positions in the federal government including comptroller and director of financial management at the Defense Finance and Accounting Service, senior policy and management adviser to the CFO at the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), and director of DOE's Office of Finance and Accounting.
After being accepted into the U.S. Government's Senior Executive Service (SES), Robinson was selected to be the CFO and director of administration for the International Trade Administration (ITA), also at the U.S. Department of Commerce. In this capacity he was the principal adviser to the secretary for international trade on matters that span the entire range of financial and administrative management issues facing the bureau.
Robinson holds a Master of Science degree in financial management from the Naval Postgraduate School in Monterey, California, and is a graduate of North Georgia College & State University where he earned a Bachelor of Business Administration. In addition, he earned the Certified Defense Financial Manager (CDFM) certification and was named Defense Comptroller of the Year in 1996 by the American Society of Military Comptrollers.