Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Hiring and mentoring returning veterans
Friday - 5/24/2013, 10:35pm EDT
Goodfriend will discuss two programs that his company has created to help veterans in their transition from the military to the civilian workforce.
One program, titled the ACP Advisornet, is an online network of business leaders who share teir expertise and advice with returning veterans who are looking for work..
ACP also has a mentoring program that connects veterans with corporate leaders.
The vets will work alongside their mentors for a year, and get valuable experience in how to operate a business.
Sellah will explain how VA Business Accelerator works, and the services its provides for veterans who want to start their own businesses and become entrepreneurs.