Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
What you need to know now for your taxes
Monday - 5/13/2013, 5:51pm EDT
O'Rourke is a principal with the law firm Miles and Stockbridge, P.C.
His practice focuses on tax matters involving estate planning and administration, and pension issues.
He works with clients to assist in meeting their business and financial objectives in the most tax-efficient manner.
The discussion contains two distinct points of view — the CPA approach to taxes and the lawyer's legal approach.
Together they examine:
- Why the best time to plan for taxes is before year's end;
- How last year's tax law change will affect your 2013 return;
- Why estate planning is important for everyone, not just for the wealthy;
- What are some common, but often overlooked, deductions;
- How to best deal with IRS letters.