Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Budget, sequestration and jobs
Thursday - 4/11/2013, 6:42pm EDT
- One barometer of the U.S. economy is the monthly jobs report, which for the past few months had increased in record numbers. That all changed with the release of the dismal March report. Bloomberg Government Senior Economic analyst Dr. Nela Richardson joins the program to discuss the cyclical nature of our economy and what to expect in the coming months.
- Fairfax County Virginia has been the nation's top recipient of federal contract dollars since 2004. It's also home to four of the country's top six employers - Lockheed Martin Corporation, Booz Allen Hamilton Holding Corporation, Northrop Grumman Corporation and SAIC Incorporated. Now the county with a 194 billion dollar economy is bracing for sequestration. Blomberg News Economic Reporter Lorraine Woellert explains how Virginia's contract-fat Fairfax is preparing for lean days.
Articles from BGov.com require a subscription.
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Nela Richardson is an economic analyst with Bloomberg Government. She was a research economist at the Commodity Futures Trading Commission before joining Bloomberg. Richardson was also a senior economist at Freddie Mac, a researcher at Harvard's Joint Center for Housing Studies, and an adjunct professor of finance at Johns Hopkins. Richardson has a Ph.D. in economics from the University of Maryland, a M.A. from the University of Pennsylvania, and a B.A. from Indiana University.|
||Lorraine Woellert has more than 20 years of experience in covering national and regional news in Washington, D.C., and Northern Virginia. Prior to joining the economics team at Bloomberg, she covered housing policy and mortgage finance. In 2008, she was embedded with presidential candidates Hillary Clinton and John McCain. Prior to joining Bloomberg, Lorraine covered legal affairs and campaign finance at BusinessWeek.|