Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
VetNet: Helping veterans find jobs
Friday - 12/7/2012, 8:50pm EST
Today's guests are Carrie Laureno from Google for Veterans, Retired Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Schmiegal from the the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Hiring our Heroes campaign, and Brian Stann president and CEO of Hire Heroes USA.
All three organizations along with Google and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families, are founding partners of VetNet, which is being called the largest online hub to help veterans find jobs or start businesses.
VetNet uses online forums to help veterans with resume writing and job interviewing skills.
Veterans can also particpate in online chats with industry leaders to find out about career opportunities that are available.
The website also offers college level business courses for vets who want to start their own businesses.