Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Recognize good work with a Sammie nomination
Monday - 1/16/2012, 10:04am EST
"Now more than ever, the Service to America Medals is a great program for not just honoring federal employees, but for leaders who are interested in motivating and engaging their people, " said Tom Fox, vice president for leadership and innovation at the Partnership for Public Service, which runs the program.
With budget cuts and an atmosphere of anti-federal employee in the public discourse, feds are facing tough times. "It's not enough for agencies to simply do 'business as usual,'" Fox said. "They need to find new and innovative ways to achieve their mission and goals because the expectations aren't going away, just some of the resources are."
The "Sammies" are a great way to share the good the work being done by someone in your office. The deadline to submit a Sammies nomination is Jan. 18. To make a nomination or to find out more, go to servicetoamerica.org/.