Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Public Buildings Service reaches out to industry
Tuesday - 11/9/2010, 8:12am EST
Toward that goal, Industry Relations employs experts in various subject areas (e.g., design and construction, green/energy, retail services, leasing) whose job it is to communicate with industry.
Industry Relations also partners with professional associations and groups. The division participates in a number of industry events each year, and its members participate on panels and present information aimed at helping vendors that seek business with PBS.
On this week's Agency of the Month, host Ruben Gomez speaks with Kendra Turner, Director, Industry Relations, Public Buildings Service, General Services Administration.
Interesting factoid: As a general rule, PBS does not buy products (e.g., toilet paper) for federal buildings. It buys services (e.g., janitorial services, which provide toilet paper.)