Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
GSA hires small biz to help small biz
Friday - 10/29/2010, 7:21pm EDT
Information Experts, an 8(a) women-owned small business, will help GSA learn about more effective outreach to small businesses, said Jiyoung Park, GSA Associate Administrator for Small Business Utilization. The company specializes in communications consulting, creative marketing communications, and education services.
GSA has also partnered with Binary Fountain, another small business, to help the agency build a dashboard aimed at improved transparency in its small business contracting programs.
The dashboard will help people "understand the full story of how GSA is helping small business directly with our own agency funds, as well as how we're being a steward of other agencies' use of our contract vehicles to really maximize opportunity for small business," said Park.
The dashboard will go public later in fiscal 2011.
This week's installment of Agency of the Month includes details on both projects and information about GSA's:
- Mentor-Protégé program, which is aimed at helping companies that have minimal or no experience in the federal market flex their muscle. The protégés receive advice and assistance from more experienced companies (the mentors).
- GSA's assistance to veteran-owned small businesses, including details on a governmentwide contracting vehicle designed just for those firms, the VETS Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC).