Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
GSA hires small biz to help small biz
Friday - 10/29/2010, 7:21pm EDT
Information Experts, an 8(a) women-owned small business, will help GSA learn about more effective outreach to small businesses, said Jiyoung Park, GSA Associate Administrator for Small Business Utilization. The company specializes in communications consulting, creative marketing communications, and education services.
GSA has also partnered with Binary Fountain, another small business, to help the agency build a dashboard aimed at improved transparency in its small business contracting programs.
The dashboard will help people "understand the full story of how GSA is helping small business directly with our own agency funds, as well as how we're being a steward of other agencies' use of our contract vehicles to really maximize opportunity for small business," said Park.
The dashboard will go public later in fiscal 2011.
This week's installment of Agency of the Month includes details on both projects and information about GSA's:
- Mentor-Protégé program, which is aimed at helping companies that have minimal or no experience in the federal market flex their muscle. The protégés receive advice and assistance from more experienced companies (the mentors).
- GSA's assistance to veteran-owned small businesses, including details on a governmentwide contracting vehicle designed just for those firms, the VETS Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC).