Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
GSA hires small biz to help small biz
Friday - 10/29/2010, 7:21pm EDT
Information Experts, an 8(a) women-owned small business, will help GSA learn about more effective outreach to small businesses, said Jiyoung Park, GSA Associate Administrator for Small Business Utilization. The company specializes in communications consulting, creative marketing communications, and education services.
GSA has also partnered with Binary Fountain, another small business, to help the agency build a dashboard aimed at improved transparency in its small business contracting programs.
The dashboard will help people "understand the full story of how GSA is helping small business directly with our own agency funds, as well as how we're being a steward of other agencies' use of our contract vehicles to really maximize opportunity for small business," said Park.
The dashboard will go public later in fiscal 2011.
This week's installment of Agency of the Month includes details on both projects and information about GSA's:
- Mentor-Protégé program, which is aimed at helping companies that have minimal or no experience in the federal market flex their muscle. The protégés receive advice and assistance from more experienced companies (the mentors).
- GSA's assistance to veteran-owned small businesses, including details on a governmentwide contracting vehicle designed just for those firms, the VETS Governmentwide Acquisition Contract (GWAC).