Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Chair of Legal Review Committee for the National Organization of Blacks In Government (BIG)
Wednesday - 7/29/2009, 9:20pm EDT
BIG Experience co-host: Mr. Al Tyree, Blacks In Government National Communication and Public Relations Chair Person, will host Shirley Jones, as guest this Thursday at 11:00am. Join us as we discuss with Shirley, the Legal Review Committee for our National Organization of Blacks In Government (BIG).
Shirley A. Jones
Blacks In Government
Ms. Jones has twice had the opportunity to testify before Congress as an employee advocate. In 2007, in her former capacity as President of one of our local chapters, the Government Accountability Office-U. S. Army Corps of Engineers Chapter of BIG, Ms. Jones testified before the Subcommittee on the Federal Workforce, chaired at the time by Congressman Danny Davis, at his hearing on diversity at the Senior Executive Service and equivalent levels in Legislative Branch agencies. In 2008, Ms. Jones also testified before the Subcommittee to present the results of a survey that had been conducted agency-wide on behalf of the committee regarding the morale of employees following the agency's transition to market-based pay and other changes that had been made to its pay for performance system.
Ms. Jones is currently an Assistant General Counsel at the U. S. Government Accountability Office (GAO). In this role, she is responsible for supervising the legal support for GAO reports related to human capital and equal employment opportunity issues, tax policy and administration and other intergovernmental issues.
And Shirley is speaking with us today, not in her capacity as Assistant General Counsel, but in her capacity as our organization's Legal Review Committee Chair.