Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Symantec's Tiffany Jones
Thursday - 5/2/2013, 7:46pm EDT
More about Tiffany Jones:
|Tiffany Jones heads Symantec's Public Sector Strategy and Programs team. In that capacity, she and her team are responsible for developing and managing Symantec's partnerships and programs strategy, working closely with senior government customers and systems integrators to address their needs and requirements.
Ms. Jones represents Symantec and U.S. industry in many senior capacities, including as company press spokesperson, conference keynote speaker and panelist, designated representative for the company CEO and VP's during high profile events and initiatives, and delegate at several government-industry bilateral events with foreign governments. She is a member of the CSIS Commission, is on the board of the IT-Sector Coordinating Council (IT-SCC) and the National Cyber Security Alliance, Executive Committee of the IT-ISAC, and immediate Past Chair of the Information Security Committee at TechAmerica.
Prior to assuming her current role, Ms. Jones led Symantec's North and Latin American Government Affairs team from March 2003 to October 2009. In that capacity, she and her team developed public policy concerning technology, information security, privacy, and other issues to assist legislators and agencies on the development of technology and business related policy.
Before working for Symantec in, Ms. Jones was Deputy Chief of Staff of the President's Critical Infrastructure Protection Board at the White House. In addition to her Deputy Chief of Staff responsibilities, she was responsible for Government and Public Affairs, Cybersecurity Education and Awareness programs, and Industry Outreach. Ms. Jones coordinated all 11 White House town hall events for the National Strategy to Secure Cyberspace dialogue, and assisted in the drafting of the document.
Ms. Jones graduated from the Coast Guard Academy and received her commission as a Coast Guard Officer. Operational duties included Deck Watch Officer, Assistant Operations Officer and Law Enforcement Officer aboard the cutter JUNIPER in Newport, RI, Executive Officer and lead Law Enforcement Officer aboard the cutter GRAND ISLE in Gloucester, MA, and Coast Guard Congressional Affairs Liaison for the Coast Guard and Department of Transportation.
Ms. Jones' military awards include Coast Guard Officer of the Year Award (2002), a Coast Guard Commendation Medal, two Coast Guard Achievement Medals, numerous Commandant's Letter of Commendation Ribbons, the Coast Guard Meritorious Unit Commendation award, Coast Guard Meritorious Team Commendation award, six Special Operations Ribbons, the Sea Service Ribbon and other unit citations.
Ms. Jones is married with two children, enjoys singing, cooking and spending time with family and friends.