Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
EmeSec CEO Maria Horton on proactive cybersecurity
Friday - 4/12/2013, 1:08pm EDT
"We've been looking at how to provide better value and proactive cybersecurity solutions," Horton said of her company. "We think it's time to be a little more active in preventing any of the potential data leaks or data losses."
From her official bio:
|Maria Horton founded EmeSec in 2003 on the principles that security must be ensured and managed, and evolve as new technologies, threats and situations emerge.
Ms. Horton served two decades in the U.S. Navy, where she rose to the rank of Commander. Her last assignment was CIO for the National Naval Medical Center (NNMC) where she saw first-hand the requirements and implications for security and emergency management during 9/11 attacks. She initiated and directed the growth of e-health applications and an information security culture for the NNMC.
Ms. Horton combines passion for information security and her enthusiasm for good business. She has hands-on experience with creating a new business through networking, teaming with other small businesses and communicating the strengths and creditability of her small business to other larger companies and government leaders.