Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Industry Chatter: Citrix Systems' Tom Simmons on workplace virtualization
Thursday - 12/13/2012, 8:33pm EST
Simmons said agencies still need to be educated about all of the cloud options and capabilities available.
"Cloud services is still different things to different people, depending on what you want to do," he said. "And, realistically, that's probably not going to change. That's the beauty of cloud is it can be what you need it to be."
From Simmons' official bio:
|Tom Simmons is the area vice president, U.S. Public Sector, for Citrix Systems, Inc. He has more than 25 years of information technology management experience, with a core emphasis on the public sector market. Simmons is an advocate for virtual computing, data center consolidation, cloud computing, and mobility in the Federal government and Department of Defense. In touch with these progressive new computing and networking models, Tom never loses sight of agencies' unique security requirements. With 25 years of experience managing distributed teams and a good deal of experience teleworking himself, Simmons does more than talk the talk on telework. This first-hand knowledge makes him committed to providing secure and user-friendly telework solutions to government agencies.
Solving government customers' problems and measuring customers' results has helped Simmons to drive Citrix's year-over-year growth and relevance in this market - including winning the Solution Provider Award of Excellence for "Best Government Technology Provider" at the Gartner Government Solution Summit.
Prior to joining Citrix, Simmons served in senior public sector management positions with companies such as Compaq, Trend Micro, and MicroWarehouse.