Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
MicroPact founder talks mobile device security
Thursday - 8/2/2012, 6:04pm EDT
Kris Collo, President and CEO of MicroPact, joined Industry Chatter to discuss mobile device use in the federal workplace and whether the bring-your-own-device policy is a good solution for the government. The government struggles to provide security protections for laptops and mobile devices are a new breed of technology presenting real hurdles for protecting the data employees put on their phones and tablets. He says a central office is needed to suggest how agencies should guard government data.
Collo sets the overall direction of MicroPact and his primary focus and responsibilities are in the areas of strategic planning, business development, contracts, finance and administration. Since founding the company in 1997, Mr. Collo has led the company through a period of constant growth, thereby repeatedly earning prestigious industry awards including Washington Technology Fast 50, the Smart CEO Volt Award and Department of Defense Nunn-Perry Award.