Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
VetNet: Helping veterans find jobs
Friday - 12/7/2012, 8:50pm EST
Today's guests are Carrie Laureno from Google for Veterans, Retired Lieutenant Colonel Kevin Schmiegal from the the U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Hiring our Heroes campaign, and Brian Stann president and CEO of Hire Heroes USA.
All three organizations along with Google and the Institute for Veterans and Military Families, are founding partners of VetNet, which is being called the largest online hub to help veterans find jobs or start businesses.
VetNet uses online forums to help veterans with resume writing and job interviewing skills.
Veterans can also particpate in online chats with industry leaders to find out about career opportunities that are available.
The website also offers college level business courses for vets who want to start their own businesses.