Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Looking ahead: M&As, Defense approps and 2013 IT projects
Thursday - 4/26/2012, 4:05pm EDT
The following guests join moderator Allen Scott on this week's show:
- Bloomberg Government's Defense Finance Analyst Sopen Shah examines trends and policy issues affecting mergers and acquisitions in the federal services contracting industry.
- Bloomberg Government's Congressional Analyst Loren Duggan discusses the coming defense appropriations fight in Congress.
- Bloomberg Government technology analysts Afzal Bari and Allan Holmes examine 7,200 IT projects that federal agencies plan to fund during fiscal 2013, providing insight on opportunities for federal IT contractors.
||Afzal Bari is a financial analyst at Bloomberg Government, focusing on technology and telecommunications. He advised senior executives at large global firms as a strategy consultant with the Corporate Executive Board. Bari holds an MBA from Duke University and undergraduate degrees in information technology and government.|
||Loren Duggan is Bloomberg Government's chief legislative analyst. Before joining Bloomberg, he was editor of Congressional Quarterly's House Action Reports, providing summaries and analysis of legislation. He also contributed to CQ's legislative tracking services during his decade with the company. Loren holds a bachelor's degree in political science and psychology from American University.|
||Allan Holmes is the technology team leader at Bloomberg Government, working with a team of analysts who cover technology regulation, legislation and spending. Holmes previously worked at National Journal providing breaking news for government technology executives and contractors on IT purchasing and management. He holds a Masters in Public Policy from Duke University and an undergraduate degree in journalism from the University of North Carolina Chapel Hill.|
||Allen Scott (moderator) specializes in customer on boarding and training at Bloomberg Government. Allen previously worked at Arbitron, Inc. where he served in a variety of roles from customer service to sales operations manager. Prior to Arbitron, Allen worked in radio for several years in the Washington and Baltimore areas. Most recently he spent six years at 99.1 HFS as co-host and news director.|
||Sopen Shah is a financial analyst with a focus on the defense industry. Prior to joining Bloomberg Government, she was a management consultant at McKinsey & Company. In this position, she focused on corporate strategy in the public and private sectors. She graduated magna cum laude from Harvard University with a degree in philosophy and political science.|