Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Prescription merger will deliver 'value' to government, company says
Wednesday - 2/22/2012, 6:40pm EST
The National Community Pharmacists Association and some lawmakers have voiced concerns about a proposed merger between two pharmacy benefit managers, Express Scripts and Medco Health Solutions, contending it could spell a loss of competition.
Mary Rosado, the vice president of federal government affairs at Express Scripts, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the proposed merger and its effect on TRICARE. She said the fears about increased costs due to less competition are unfounded.
"Anyone who suggests this merger will raise costs is misguided," she said.
The merger will provide greater value to the government and enhance the companies' clinical capabilities, Rosado added.
"The government is a large payer of health care services," she said. "And they're looking for value. They're looking for lower costs. They're looking for better health outcomes. ... So (the merger) is the opportunity to really try to enhance our capabilities on the clinical side and deliver values and lower costs."