Aileen Black (left) and Gigi Schumm (right) have made their careers in the government IT community. They are the founding partners of Accelerated Government Strategies (AGS Group). Prior to their roles here, Black served as vice president and general manager for VMware's Public Sector for 9 years, while Schumm was the vice president and general manager of Symantec's Public Sector for 15 years.
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Wednesdays, 9 a.m.
Women of Washington is a weekly radio program that features interviews with Washington D.C.'s ambitious and influential female executives - role models for the next generation Washington leader. Every week, hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm interview the most accomplished women in Washington, who share their life lessons and secrets to success. Contact Aileen and Gigi via email at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
The success of women worldwide rests in holding political offices
Tuesday - 7/22/2014, 6:10pm EDT
Foster sat down with Women of Washington radio hosts Aileen Black and Gigi Schumm to discuss women's issues, both at home and abroad.
Foster says most obstacles to women's success are universal. "At the root, most of the problems that women face around the world come from very similar causes, which are societies where women are not fully valued as much as men."
Gender policy — looking at how a situation differentially affects women — is an important part of the State Department's work. "In order to have really smart foreign and domestic policy, it's important to ask that question, so that we don't make assumptions about what everyone needs by only talking to some of the population," Foster said.
Also in this episode, Foster reflects on how much has changed for women in politics since Madeline Albright served as Secretary of State. She also gives her take on how Americans can help educate women in the developing world, and talks about how the State Department's internal and external gender policies work together.