Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Federal News Radio online chats give participants a chance to interact directly with government executives and federal experts. During each chat, you are given the opportunity to submit your own questions and comments to be addressed during the event. Interested in other Federal News Radio online chats? View our archives.
Online Chat: Phased Retirement
Wednesday - 9/10/2014, 11:00am EDT
Register below to view an archived version of the online chat.
We received many questions and were not able to answer them all during the allotted time frame. We're working to get answers now and will post them to our website soon.
Tammy Flanagan, senior benefits director at the National Institute of Transition Planning, joined Federal News Radio Senior Correspondent Mike Causey and Web Editor Shefali Kapadia to answer your biggest questions about the new retirement option being offered to federal employees.
The final rule on phased retirement was released by the Office of Personnel Management last month, but many feds still have questions about how the rule will be implemented at agencies and how they can take advantage of it.
Tammy also joined Mike on his Your Turn radio show for an hour-long discussion on phased retirement. Listen to that show here. For even more information on phased retirement, view our Phased Retirement Q&A.
ONLINE CHAT REGISTRATION:
Registration is required to attend this online chat. Register now using the form below. Those registering in advance should have received an email with instructions for accessing the chat.
Please note, if you close the chat window after joining the event, you will be asked to re-register.
Federal News Radio online chats are text only. There is no audio component. All online chats are archived and can be found here.
Having trouble registering or viewing this online chat? Email Web Manager Julia Ziegler for assistance. By registering for this event, you agree to receive promotional and/or news alerts via email from Federal News Radio.