Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Renewable energy, repurposing buildings priorities for Army's Hammack
Wednesday - 4/25/2012, 5:39pm EDT
Katherine Hammack, the assistant secretary of the Army for Installations, Energy and the Environment, helms the Army's renewable energy efforts. She joined Pentagon Solutions with Francis Rose to discuss the latest Army energy developments.
The energy focus has been crystallized in the Energy Initiatives Task Force, which the Army stood up a little more than six months ago, to focus on creating large renewable energy projects on military bases.
Last month, the Army issued draft proposals under the plan, under which private developers build renewable projects on bases with their own funding. However, in return the Army will be a guaranteed buyer of the of power.