Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Air Force introduces "New Energy Culture"
Tuesday - 10/5/2010, 4:03pm EDT
Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz introduced the concept to airmen in a letter urging them to reduce energy demand, increase supply and change the service's energy culture.
Achieving these goals will require incorporating energy efficiency and conservation into the daily routines within the aviation community.
Air Force leaders say they hope that achieving greater energy efficiency can lead to funds being freed up for other Air Force priorities.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.
This story is part of Federal News' Radio's 'Greening of Government' series.