Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Air Force introduces "New Energy Culture"
Tuesday - 10/5/2010, 4:03pm EDT
Air Force Secretary Michael Donley and Chief of Staff General Norton Schwartz introduced the concept to airmen in a letter urging them to reduce energy demand, increase supply and change the service's energy culture.
Achieving these goals will require incorporating energy efficiency and conservation into the daily routines within the aviation community.
Air Force leaders say they hope that achieving greater energy efficiency can lead to funds being freed up for other Air Force priorities.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report brought to you by Dell. For more defense news, click here.
This story is part of Federal News' Radio's 'Greening of Government' series.